Different user attributes based on NAS-IP-Address? Also Suffixwildcards available?

John Mylchreest John.Mylchreest at ioko.com
Mon Mar 27 15:00:24 CEST 2006

Funnily enough, I asked the very same thing recently. We do it quite crudely at the moment, but it works.

We add an nshortname field to radreply/anything else necessary, and in sql.conf we link it to the user reply. Ie:

Something like this would work:

authorize_reply_query = "SELECT radreply.id,UserName,Attribute,Value,Op FROM radreply, nas WHERE Username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' AND nas.ipaddr = %{Client-IP-Address}' AND (radreply.nshortname = nas.shortname OR radreply.nshortname is NULL) ORDER BY id"

If you find any cleaner solution using the default schema, I would LOVE to hear about it, since that’s the problem/task I'm currently facing.