Version 1.1.1 stops responding

King, Michael MKing at bridgew.edu
Mon Mar 27 15:42:31 CEST 2006

Just for some reference (Trying to find commonalities):

What OS/Distro are you?

I'm Debian testing release

How did you Install?  (Prebuilt binary / created local package and install / install from source)

I created a local Debian package, and installed it.

What modules did you enable?
	PEAP, TTLS, and TLS

What is your authentication source?

Using ntlm_auth against Active Directory 2003

What is your supplicant?
98% Windows XP built in supplicant.  The rest are Linux / Mac clients.

I wonder if this has something to do with this bug that got squashed....

2006.03.20 v1.0.5, and v1.1.0 - A validation issue exists with the EAP-MSCHAPv2 module in all versions from 1.0.0 (where the module first appeared) to 1.1.0. Insufficient input validation was being done in the EAP-MSCHAPv2 state machine. A malicious attacker could manipulate their EAP-MSCHAPv2 client state machine to potentially convince the server to bypass authentication checks. This bypassing could also result in the server crashing. We recommend that administrators upgrade immediately.