How Getting accounting informations ?

Vincent MARGUERIE vi.marguerie at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 28 02:46:09 CEST 2006

Hi again guys,

Sorry for my previous mail but I've had a mistake in my radclient
command line !!

echo "User-Password = tata, User-Name = tata, *Accounting-Status-Type =
Start*" | radclient -x -d /usr/local/etc/raddb/ radius:1813 acct whatever
 => BAD

echo "User-Password = tata, User-Name = tata, *Acct-Status-Type =
Start*" | radclient -x -d /usr/local/etc/raddb/ radius:1813 acct whatever
=> GOOD

Now the request works and I got accounting informations in the radacct
table...but ONLY when I use radclient. It means that with my wireless
client on windows XP which connect to the NAS (dlink DWL-2000AP+) it
still doesn't work :-(

So there's two ways :

    - This AP is not compatible at all and there no way to send
accounting request..so I have to buy a new one (do you know a model ?)
    - This AP isn't compatible natively and there's a way to patch it or
a way to send the Start request from other ways.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Vincent

It will work soon.... :-)