dialup admin & ippool administraton

Olaf Schäfer olaf.schaefer at gmx.com
Wed Mar 29 11:28:59 CEST 2006

> the sqlippool module in cvs does this..

This module sounds interesting - something I haven't take into my
considerations keeping the dynamic ippool data in the sql-db, too. And
it's obvious to do it this way using a primary and a backup server.

But the configuration information like "range-start" etc. is still
stored in the radiusd.conf. My idea was to put these configuration
information for each ippool into the mysql-db.

Some background information for better understanding :) My task is to
migrate from MS-IAS to freeradius. Thus people are used to do
administration tasks with a GUI. :) At least normal production
administration tasks should be integrated within a GUI. Putting
configuration information into a db would save the parsing and editing
the radius.conf by dialup-admin scripts.

best regards,
Olaf