v1.1.1 build problems (SSL, EAP)

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Wed Mar 29 15:43:31 CEST 2006

Bill Roberts wrote:

> I'm just posting my experiences in building v1.1.1 in case it is of use
> to anyone else with similar problems.  My system is Solaris 10 Sparc,
> Freeradius v1.1.1, OpenSSL 0.9.8a, Sun compiler version 5.7 (SunStudio 10).

Thanks for the report.

> This ultimately caused compilation errors in rlm_eap_peap.c:
>
> "../../libeap/eap_tls.h", line 138: syntax error before or at: SSL
> "../../libeap/eap_tls.h", line 141: syntax error before or at: BIO
> "../../libeap/eap_tls.h", line 186: syntax error before or at: SSL
> "../../libeap/eap_tls.h", line 186: warning: undefined or missing type
> for: SSL
> "../../libeap/eap_tls.h", line 187: warning: undefined or missing type
> for: cons

It's a bug: in version 1.1.1 "configure" in rlm_eap_peap uses a
different autoconf test than "configure" in top level directory.

> When I investigated by looking at the config.log there was a "not found"
> error for libcrypto.  It turns out that the configure script has this
> line in the "test for libcrypto" section:
>
> LIBS="-lcrypto $LIBS"
>
> In my case, this expands to:
>
> -lcrypto -L/usr/local/ssl/lib .....<other stuff deleted>....
>
> Which means libcrypto is not found because it is listed before the -L
> directive telling the compiler where it can be found.

It's a different bug: we should add the user defined directory
to LDFLAGS instead of LIBS.

> Everything then builds OK until rlm_perl.c when I see:
>
> "rlm_perl.c", line 165: syntax error before or at: CV

This variable type should be defined in the libperl headers, I've no
idea why it isn't the case on your system.

--
Nicolas Baradakis