radtest ?

Michael Gale michael.gale at pason.com
Wed May 3 18:20:30 CEST 2006

Hello,

	What type of Auth-Type does radtest provide ??

I have a pptp / ppp + freeradius + mysql setup working, I am able to
connect with a XP laptop using PPTP with out any problems.

Now when I try and test a user using radtest I noticed the following:

- The Auth-Type is allows System ?

- If the user is in the DB I receive:
rad_recv: Access-Reject packet from host 127.0.0.1:1812, id=39, length=20

- If the user is a local user I receive:
rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host 127.0.0.1:1812, id=46, length=20

So if the default Auth-Type set to System ... causing username and
passwords to be checked against local system account ?

Thanks

--
Michael Gale

Red Hat Certified Engineer