A bit lost.

Eric Hilden eric at linkednetworks.com
Mon May 8 21:51:10 CEST 2006

Ok, went through and reinstalled everything. I got freeradius working
through text files with test users and got the Accept messages.

Now I am trying to setup Dialup Admin following the installation guide
and this is where I am running into issues.

When running "radiusd" i am getting the following error after it loads
the other modules. This is after I configured radiusd.conf for sql,
before hand radius loaded up fine using the text files. The guides I am
using are http://www.frontios.com/freeradius.html and
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1265182&forum_id=76890

*Module: Loaded SQL
rlm_sql (sql): Could not lnk driver rlm_sql_mysql: rlm_sql_mysql.so:
cannot open shared object file. No such file or directory
rlm_sql (sql): Make sure it (and all its dependent librariers!) are in
the earch path of your system's Id.
radiusd.conf[14]: sql: Module instantation failed.
raidus.conf[1798] unkown moduel 'sql'
radiusd.conf[1727] failed to parse authorize section.

*I do have phpmyadmin installed with mysql 4.1.13 and everything seems
to be working. I created all databases through phpmyadmin and granted a
user "radius" with a password to access to the database and added it to
the sql.conf file found in the /etc/raddb

Last time when I went through this process adding the user fixed my
issue with Dialup Admin not being able to connect the database. Now I
have no clue exactly what it is with the driver rlm_sql_mysql.

Thanks for the help