A bit lost.

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Fri May 5 23:47:06 CEST 2006

Eric Hilden <eric at linkednetworks.com> wrote:
> My second problem is getting the FreeRadius configuration working
> correctly. I'm about to bust my head open because I don't get what I'm
> missing. I have edited the users.conf

  There is no "users.conf" file.  Please be accurate in your
terminology, it helps.

> Now when trying to do a test I get
> the standard access request info and then I get rejected with *Invalid
> Signature (err=2)! (Shared secret is incorrect(. ) *I have checked my
> clients.conf file and as it sets the secret = "trustno1". I am also
> unshure of the NAS types and what exactly each type does but localhost =
> portslave.

  Why did you change it from the default of "other"?

> radtest steve test localhost 1812 trustno1    This is command I am
> typing in. Following syntax of cmd: usr pw host port secrect

  The port is the NAS port.  And given the difficulties, I would
suggest NOT editing the shared secret from the default value Of
"testing123".

> The only thing I can think of is that maybe sense I have moved
> everything to dialupAdmin and MySQL that it is no longer reading the
> text files but the sql ones.

  Ah, yes.  Why bother starting off with a simple configuration &
testing it, when you can start with a complex configuration, and then
wonder why it doesn't work?

> Anyways I appreciate any help, direction, or what I need to read.

  Start with the default config.  Start simple.  When it works (IF it
works), move to more complicated configurations.