users connected blocked

Nicola Iotti nicola.iotti at guglielmo.biz
Tue May 9 08:54:10 CEST 2006

 Hi all....sorry for HTML content but it's not my PC......

    We are using freeradius 1.0.5 just as proxy to do a realm based
messages redirection... we have the problem that sometimes the radius
client doesn't send stop message and users remain connected.It is a big
problem because if one user blocked tries to connect again, the main
server rejects connection because in its database the user is already
connected.
Is it possible to use Acct-Interim-Attribute to solve this problem.. I
mean: is it possible to do that when freeradius doesn't receive anymore
Interim-Update messages for one connection, it sends to main server a stop
message for that connection ?
Or is there another way to force connection ends message to main server
after a fixed time or when freeradius doesn't receive anymore
Interim-Update message even if freeradius doesn't receive stop message
from client?(remember that all the database are on the main server only..)
Thank you

Ing. Nicola Iotti
Network Manager
mailto: nicola.iotti at guglielmo.biz

Guglielmo S.r.l.
Sede legale: Via Martiri di Minozzo, 12
Sede operativa: Via Sante Vincenzi , 2 / D
42100 Reggio Emilia
ITALIA
Tel.: +39-0522 - 40 63 67
Fax: +39-0522 - 54 08 16