clients.conf file in MYSQL DB? [Virus checked]

thomas.pudil at t-mobile.at thomas.pudil at t-mobile.at
Wed May 10 11:56:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

I just set up freeradius1.1.1 with MySQL and startet some basic tests -
first question I ran into was:
Can I (I assume I can) "force" freeradius not to use the "clients.conf"
file for checkinf for known clients, but put this information into MySQL?
(I assume this would be in the "nas" table of the radius-db)

I think it should be done in the radiusd.conf file in the "Clients
configuration" section, that currently looks like that:

# CLIENTS CONFIGURATION
#
#  Client configuration is defined in "clients.conf".
#

#  The 'clients.conf' file contains all of the information from the old
#  'clients' and 'naslist' configuration files.  We recommend that you
#  do NOT use 'client's or 'naslist', although they are still
#  supported.
#
#  Anything listed in 'clients.conf' will take precedence over the
#  information from the old-style configuration files.
#
$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/clients.conf

what should I state here?

thank you