with_ntdomain_hack

Chris Liles Chris.Liles at air2web.com
Wed May 10 21:50:32 CEST 2006

You are right, it was that I was lowercasing the username before authentication...
After I turned that off, I am getting further, it still doesn't work and I believe it is because of a problem with "Stripped-User-Name" and ntlm_auth

ntlm_auth is getting called with the entire username "DOMAIN\user" and not "user" I don't understand why, as in the config file it says:
--username=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name:-None}}

I didn't edit that part of the ntlm_auth line, just corrected the path..
I know this is a problem because when I use ntlm_auth from the command line I can't use --username=DOMAIN\user I have to use --username=user

I hacked up the line to just say %{Stripped-User-Name} but that value must be null or something, because then ntlm_auth gets called with "--username="

Any thoughts as to why I can't get the DOMAIN\ stripped when calling ntlm_auth

Thanks!

--
Chris Liles
System Analyst