Accounting - FramedIPAddress - DHCP/IPPOOL

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Wed May 10 23:10:55 CEST 2006

Walter Reynolds <waltr at umich.edu> wrote:
> So even though the AP must know the information, we are unable to get it
> into the radius accounting?

  Yes.  Although the AP does not necessarily "know" the information.
If it's running a DHCP server, it knows.  Otherwise, it would have to
sniff DHCP traffic, and compare MACs from EAP to those in DHCP.

  Most AP vendors haven't written the code to do DHCP sniffing,
so... no IP's in RADIUS accounting packets.

>  We have to script the coordination between the DHCP server?

  Yes.