Strange error

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Thu May 11 20:28:14 CEST 2006

Jeremy ohara wrote:
> i tried ntradping it seems to work. but from what me and my friend are
> seing its being stopped at the mysql database. we arent sure
>
> have you delt with MYSQL much?
>
> Jeremy

Jeremy,

Have you read any of the docs included with the server?  It says over
and over and over again (as does this list) to run the server in debug
mode.  Please do that before posting again.

radiusd -X

read it.  *all* of it.  If you don't know what is wrong, go back to the
initial config (ie w/o mysql) and make it work just using a simple entry
in the users file.  Then change as little as possible until you get to
your desired config.

FYI - Alan DeKok is the most familiar person in the world with
FreeRADIUS.  He is the primary developer.  He also answers the vast
majority of questions here on this list.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator