Rm: Mysql 5.0 with freeradius 1.1.1

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Thu May 11 22:06:10 CEST 2006

elimachi at entelsa.entelnet.bo wrote:

> Dear list:
>

> I´m taking up again my work with freradius since two years ago. Now I´m
> working over a RHE AS linux distribution box and working with a Mysql
> 5.0. In this version the password hashing algorithm has changed and
> differ from Mysql 3.x or 4.x. Then I´d like to know if freeradius engine
> will work without problems with Mysql 5.0 or later.
> Refer this article:

First of all this would only affect the password in the sql.conf file.
The article is referring to passwords that allow you to connect to the
db, not passwords stored in the radcheck table (I hope you aren't using
PASSWORD() on that table).

I believe that FreeRADIUS uses the mysqlclient libs (hence mysql-devel
is required to build it).  So if the libs that radiusd is linked against
support the new password format, then so should FreeRADIUS.

Third, you can still use the old password format.

Fourth, please avoid sending html to the list.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator