Freeradius Guru Needed to Write Config

Drew Linsalata drew at gothambus.com
Tue May 16 05:22:03 CEST 2006

Christopher Carver writes:

> Mr. Linsalata,
>
> Your offer is interesting.  I have been administrating a freeradius server that
> authenticates a customer base of 40,000 for the past 5 years.  I'm interested
> in the terms of your offer.  I believe what you're trying to do is well within
> my capabilities.
>
> Chris Carver
> Pennswoods.Net
> Network Engineer

You could probably knock this out in no time at all, which is great for us!

This is a very small application - about a dozen users with logins coming
few and far between.  Each user has a username, a password, and the unique
MAC address of his or her wireless card.  If all three match - the user is
allowed onto the wireless network and is given a specific IP address.  If
not, the user is rejected.

We were going to authenticate out of a MySQL database running on the same
server, but that was only to take advantage of the dialup_admin GUI.
Problem is that dialup_admin doesn't deal with MAC addresses, so the local
users file will be fine.

The server is already built (CentOS) and Freeradius is already installed.  I
figure its probably $500 - $600 worth of work in an afternoon for someone
that knows what they're doing.

Interested?

Drew Linsalata
The Gotham Bus Company, Inc.