can't connect to radius server

Christopher Carver ccarver at pennswoods.net
Fri May 19 00:02:50 CEST 2006

If the radius server in debugging mode isn't showing any sort of
access-request coming from the client, then the requests simply aren't
reach the server.  This could be due to firewalling, your client looking
at the wrong host/port, or a variety of other things.  I'd suggest using
tcpdump to see if the packets sent from the client are even reaching the
radius server.

tcpdump port 1812

If you see nothing when the client should be sending access-requests
then you have a networking issue to solve.

Chris Carver
Pennswoods.Net
Network Engineer