peap with mysql

Chris Liles Chris.Liles at air2web.com
Fri May 19 16:42:19 CEST 2006

Please forgive my ignorance, but can you be a little bit more specific.

I tried putting the following in the database:

mysql> select * from radcheck;
+----+----------+------------------------+----+--------+
| id | UserName | Attribute              | op | Value  |
+----+----------+------------------------+----+--------+
|  1 | temptest | Password               | := | authme |
|  2 | temptest | MS-CHAP-User-NTLM-Auth | == | No     |
+----+----------+------------------------+----+--------+

I added the following to dictionary:
ATTRIBUTE       MS-CHAP-User-NTLM-Auth  3003    string

But I am still seeing the call made for ntlm authing:

radius_xlat:  'temptest'
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user --> 'temptest'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op           FROM radcheck           WHERE Username = 'temptest'           ORDER BY id'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
radius_xlat:  'SELECT radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgroupcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op  FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'temptest' AND usergroup.GroupName = radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op           FROM radreply           WHERE Username = 'temptest'           ORDER BY id'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgroupreply.Value,radgroupreply.op  FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'temptest' AND usergroup.GroupName = radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id'
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
rlm_sql (sql): No matching entry in the database for request from user [temptest]
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns notfound for request 16
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns updated) for request 16
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type EAP
auth: type "EAP"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 16
  rlm_eap: Request found, released from the list
  rlm_eap: EAP/mschapv2
  rlm_eap: processing type mschapv2
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group MS-CHAP for request 16
  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
  rlm_mschap: Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for temptest with NT-Password
radius_xlat: Running registered xlat function of module mschap for string 'User-Name'
radius_xlat: Running registered xlat function of module mschap for string 'Challenge'
 mschap2: d2
radius_xlat: Running registered xlat function of module mschap for string 'NT-Response'
radius_xlat:  '/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --username=temptest --challenge=f323f6e00a6e7eef --nt-response=adbc3550e29c702918ea4c1a3f6a5811d1b58dbfcf3a21d2 --require-membership-of=DOMAIN+wifi-secure'
Exec-Program: /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --username=temptest --challenge=f323f6e00a6e7eef --nt-response=adbc3550e29c702918ea4c1a3f6a5811d1b58dbfcf3a21d2 --require-membership-of=DOMAIN+wifi-secure
Exec-Program output: Logon failure (0xc000006d)
Exec-Program-Wait: plaintext: Logon failure (0xc000006d)
Exec-Program: returned: 1
  rlm_mschap: External script failed.
  rlm_mschap: FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect
  modcall[authenticate]: module "mschap" returns reject for request 16
modcall: leaving group MS-CHAP (returns reject) for request 16

I'm guessing that I need to put the MS-CHAP-User-NTLM-Auth somewhere else??

--
Chris Liles