sync hungroups, clients files, users across multiple servers

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Nov 10 21:20:22 CET 2006

Hi,

> Greets!
>
> What is a good way or considered best practice for folks to sync changes to
> critical files in use by radius like huntgroups and clients.conf and users
> across multiple RADIUS servers.  I am not using MySQL backend, but rather
> relaying requests for auth off to PAM which checks against a
> samba/NT-Domain, thus the user account existing locally on the server.  With
> several servers it becomes a PIA and can lead to misconfiguration errors due
> to human data entry when you have to enter everything into each server.
>
> Does anyone want to share a script they have written to do this?

you could use rsync, http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/
or subversion, http://subversion.tigris.org/

and actually keep your configurations all held on such a central repository.
you can then actually update the configuration from any one of your servers
and get them all to autometically get the latest version... be that with a
frequent cronjob that checks for changes (and if there have been any, download
them!) or from a forced update.   this way you also have a centralised way of
seeing what changed, when and who by.

alan