Problem starting freeradius 1.1.3

Ian Walker scatmanwalks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 15:59:36 CET 2006

I used the  "rpmbuild -ta" command to build an rpm of freeradius-1.1.3 and
all went well with the build.  I then installed the rpm, and I'm getting the
following error message after running radiusd -X.

Starting - reading configuration files ...
reread_config:  reading radiusd.conf
Config:   including file: /etc/raddb/proxy.conf
Config:   including file: /etc/raddb/clients.conf
Config:   including file: /etc/raddb/snmp.conf
Config:   including file: /etc/raddb/eap.conf
Config:   including file: /etc/raddb/sql.conf
 main: prefix = "/usr"
 main: localstatedir = "/var"
 main: logdir = "/var/log/radius"
 main: libdir = "/usr/lib"
 main: radacctdir = "/var/log/radius/radacct"
 main: hostname_lookups = no
 main: max_request_time = 30
 main: cleanup_delay = 5
 main: max_requests = 1024
 main: delete_blocked_requests = 0
 main: port = 0
 main: allow_core_dumps = no
 main: log_stripped_names = no
 main: log_file = "/var/log/radius/radius.log"
 main: log_auth = no
 main: log_auth_badpass = no
 main: log_auth_goodpass = no
 main: pidfile = "/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.pid"
 main: user = "radiusd"
 main: group = "radiusd"
 main: usercollide = no
 main: lower_user = "no"
 main: lower_pass = "no"
 main: nospace_user = "no"
 main: nospace_pass = "no"
 main: checkrad = "/usr/sbin/checkrad"
 main: proxy_requests = yes
 proxy: retry_delay = 5
 proxy: retry_count = 3
 proxy: synchronous = no
 proxy: default_fallback = yes
 proxy: dead_time = 120
 proxy: post_proxy_authorize = no
 proxy: wake_all_if_all_dead = no
 security: max_attributes = 200
 security: reject_delay = 1
 security: status_server = no
 main: debug_level = 0
read_config_files:  reading dictionary
read_config_files:  reading naslist
Using deprecated naslist file.  Support for this will go away soon.
read_config_files:  reading clients
read_config_files:  reading realms
radiusd: symbol lookup error: radiusd: undefined symbol: udpfromto_init

I'm not sure what to do to get around the problem of the undefined symbol
udpfromto_init error.  Has anyone any ideas on what I can do to get
freeradius working?

Regards

Ian