Problem starting freeradius 1.1.3

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 29 17:20:25 CET 2006

Ian Walker wrote:
> I used the  "rpmbuild -ta" command to build an rpm of freeradius-1.1.3
> and all went well with the build.  I then installed the rpm, and I'm
> getting the following error message after running radiusd -X.
> radiusd: symbol lookup error: radiusd: undefined symbol: udpfromto_init

  You probably have two versions of the server installed.  This error is
coming from the one that's not part of the RPM build, I think.

> I'm not sure what to do to get around the problem of the undefined
> symbol udpfromto_init error.  Has anyone any ideas on what I can do to
> get freeradius working?

  Double-check how many versions you have installed.

  Use the correct libraries.  "udpfromto_init" is part of the RADIUS
library that comes with the server.  If the daemon references that
function, then the library includes that function.