FreeRadius and LDAP

Sundaram Divya-QDIVYA1 Divya.Sundaram at motorola.com
Thu Nov 30 23:50:39 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure the server to use LDAP for authentication
And am finding the documentation to be less than straightforward.

We don't use openldap or eDirectory - which is what the docs are
Derived from. The information for FreeRADIUS and LDAP seems to
suggest that I need to provide access to the LDAP server's
password to the service account that the FreeRADIUS Server
uses.

What I need to understand is how to integrate FreeRADIUS with
an LDAP Server without exposing the (crypted) password hashes.
Any pointers on what I need to do for that?

I'd be happy to provide updated documentation once I have
gotten it working. I'd appreciate any insights.

Divya Sundaram ----------------------------- CONDITUR IN PETRA
Let us realize that the privilege to work is a gift, that power to
work is a blessing, that love of work is success. --David O. McKay