Design question

Jan Mulders lastchancehotel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 17:20:29 CEST 2006

Perhaps a simpler method of doing 'smartcards' like you're referring
to is to make single-use username/passwords printed on small cards
(which can be done within chillispot I believe), which the consultants
just pick up from reception, enter in the details, and get a prepaid
hour or whatever. This would also save the expense if a consultant
happens to wander off with a smartcard...

All of this can certainly be done with freeradius, but you might need
to look around for a billing solution that'll work in collaboration
with chillispot, and making single-use vouchers etc... if at all
possible, I'd encourage the use of physical login cards, that can be
exchanged for cash... it all gets a bit messy (and expensive) when you
throw billing in there too. Especially post-pay.

Sorry I can't offer any exact advice on how to do this - I got to the
point of putting together a rough proposal, but no further.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jan Mulders