syslog - 1.1.2

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Wed Oct 4 20:33:30 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 04 October 2006 12:27, Michael Messner wrote:
> hey alan,
>
> Alan DeKok wrote:
> > Michael Messner <michael.messner_edv at inode.at> wrote:
> >> to the radiusd.conf, and I also tried to start the radius with the
> >> parameter -lsyslog but nothing goes to syslog!
> >
> >   That doesn't really work in 1.1.x
>
> any workarounds available?

Make the log file a named pipe (see mkfifo) and write a program that reads
from the pipe and sends the messages to the local syslog daemon.  Ugly hack..
but it should work as long as your reader program starts before freeradius.

Other options would be to look at the cvs head changes that added the extra
logging options and backport those to your local copy, or run a nightly
snapshot.

Kevin Bonner