freeradius bug?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Oct 6 10:34:05 CEST 2006

Hi,

> Hello, why if I have in my clients.conf this configuration:
>
> client localhost {
>         secret          = testing123
>         nastype     = other
>         shortname       = localhost
>         login       = test
>         password  = test
> }
>

> and I try #radtest test test localhost testing123

err, the login and password entries are for backend utilities such as
simultaneous usage checking (and other SNMP/telnet tools). for this
command to work, you have to add a 'test' user to either your users
file or to your SQL database, AD, etc etc   look at the users file
for an example user entry that you can copy/edit at your will.
try changing the users entry to reject, accept and add a reply message
etc to see stuff being sent back to your radtest command

alan