changing default session time on the fly

Wade Kemp wkemp at wcnet.org
Fri Oct 13 21:24:58 CEST 2006

Greetings,
	We have been using freeradius for a couple years now and have been
very satisfied with it.

One issue I have is we change the default session time based on the
time the connection is made.
The accounts are all system accounts ( not my doing ) and we are now
using mysql as a backend for
all accounts that aren't "normal" ( ie static IP, paid longer
connection time, multiple accesses ).
What we do now is via a cron job change the users file where the only
difference is the Session-Timeout
value and then HUP freeradius.

My question is can this be put into the sql database and have it
figure out the session time or should I
just stick with the current set up?

Here is on of my users file, it only differs from the others in the
Session-Timeout value.

DEFAULT Auth-Type := System
         Service-Type = Framed,
         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
         Framed-Routing = None,
         Framed-MTU = 1500,
         Framed-Compression = VanJacobson-TCP-IP,
         Idle-Timeout = 800,
         Session-Timeout = 14400,
         Fall-Through = 1

DEFAULT Simultaneous-Use := 1