problem with proxy configuration

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 17 11:56:39 CEST 2006

 "Prabhdeep Singh" <prabhdeep at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am able to authenticate against myPartnerRealm and default relam,
> but when I submit request for "myCustomRealm", the server seems to go
> in a loop and marks the "myCustomRealm" as dead with the following
> error.
>
> marking authentication server localhost:1812 for realm myCustomRealm dead
>
> I also get the following warning message
> WARNING: Possible DoS attack from host 127.0.0.1: Too many attributes
> in request (received 201, max 200 are allowed).

  It looks like you've configured the server to proxy to itself.  Why?

> I read in one of the post that proxying to same server (localhost) is
> not allowed....  , but i need this feature as I do not want to strip
> certain Realms.

  Proxying requests to the same server is useless.  No, you do not
need this feature.  There are other ways of configuring the server to
do what you want.

  Perhaps you could try explaining what you want to do, rather than
trying to make something work, when you've been told it's impossible.