CVS: radtest strangeness

Jan Mulders lastchancehotel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 02:19:00 CEST 2006

Thank you for the fix. I copied across the new dictionaries, it seems
to have solved the problem.

However radiusd seems to be ignoring the config files placed before it:

root at betabitch [/etc/raddb.backup]# radiusd -xx
Starting - reading configuration files ...
Ready to process requests.
radrecv: Packet from host 127.0.0.1 code=1, id=222, length=56
    User-Name = "test"
    User-Password = "\346\242\361\271_s\37\276\225K\\\003Z~\200"
    NAS-IP-Address = 208.53.158.28
    NAS-Port = 4
packet from unknown client/host: localhost

root at betabitch [/etc/raddb]# radtest test test localhost 4 SecretPassword
Sending request to server localhost, port 1812.
root at betabitch [/etc/raddb]#

root at betabitch [/etc/raddb]# ls
./                 ippool.512k_low
../                ldap.attrmap
0                  mssql.conf
1                  naslist
2                  naspasswd
3                  old.users
4                  oraclesql.conf
5                  otp.conf
6                  otppasswd.sample
7                  postgresql.conf
8                  preproxy_users
9                  proxy.conf
acct_users         radiusd.conf
attrs              radiusd.conf.leet
certs/             radiusd.conf.save
clients            realms
clients.conf       snmp.conf
dictionary         speedchooser-final*
eap.conf           speedchooser-mysql2.pl*
experimental.conf  speedchooser-mysql.pl*
huntgroups         speedchooser-nomysql.pl*
ipindex.10m_high   speedchooser.pl*
ipindex.10m_low    sql.conf
ipindex.512k_high  sqlippool.conf
ipindex.512k_low   startup.log
ippool.10m_high    test.pl
ippool.10m_low     testuser1.request
ippool.512k_high   users
root at betabitch [/etc/raddb]#

I'm expecting to see loads of SQL debug statements here, when really I
get nothing. It also hasn't read clients.conf (which contains
'localhost' as a client).

Any help getting radiusd to look in the right files would be greatly
appreciated. It is configured with the standard paths (excerpt from
Makefile:)

Here's some excerpts from conf.h and Make.inc from the new and old
installs respectively:

New Install ------------------------ conf.h
/* Default Database File Names */
#define RADIUS_DIR              "/etc/raddb"
#define RADLOG_DIR              "/var/log"
#define RADACCT_DIR             (RADLOG_DIR "/radacct")
#define RADIUS_DICTIONARY       "dictionary"
#define RADIUS_CLIENTS          "clients"
#define RADIUS_NASLIST          "naslist"
#define RADIUS_USERS            "users"
#define RADIUS_HOLD             "holdusers"
#define RADIUS_LOG              "radius.log"
#define RADIUS_HINTS            "hints"
#define RADIUS_HUNTGROUPS       "huntgroups"
#define RADIUS_REALMS           "realms"
#define RADUTMP                 (RADLOG_DIR "/radutmp")
#define RADWTMP                 (RADLOG_DIR "/radwtmp")
#define RADIUS_PID              "/var/run/radiusd.pid"
#define RADRELAY_PID            "/var/run/radrelay.pid"

Old Install ------------------------------ conf.h

/* Default Database File Names */

#define RADIUS_DIR              RADDBDIR
#define RADACCT_DIR             RADIR
#define RADLOG_DIR              LOGDIR
#define RADIUS_DICTIONARY       "dictionary"
#define RADIUS_CLIENTS          "clients"
#define RADIUS_NASLIST          "naslist"
#define RADIUS_REALMS           "realms"
#define RADUTMP                 LOGDIR "/radutmp"
#define SRADUTMP                LOGDIR "/sradutmp"
#define RADWTMP                 LOGDIR "/radwtmp"
#define SRADWTMP                LOGDIR "/sradwtmp"
# Location of files.

Old Install -------------------------- Make.inc
prefix          = /usr/local
exec_prefix     = ${prefix}
sysconfdir      = ${prefix}/etc
localstatedir   = ${prefix}/var
libdir          = ${exec_prefix}/lib
bindir          = ${exec_prefix}/bin
sbindir         = ${exec_prefix}/sbin
docdir          = ${datadir}/doc/freeradius
mandir          = ${prefix}/man
datadir         = ${prefix}/share
dictdir         = $(datadir)/freeradius
logdir          = ${localstatedir}/log/radius
raddbdir        = /etc/raddb
radacctdir      = ${logdir}/radacct
top_builddir    = /root/installs/freeradius-1.1.3
top_srcdir      = /root/installs/freeradius-1.1.3

I hope this helps - I'm stumped for why it's looking at the wrong
files. Any bright ideas?

Many thanks,

Jan Mulders