CVS: radtest strangeness

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 19 07:00:08 CEST 2006

"Jan Mulders" <lastchancehotel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the fix. I copied across the new dictionaries, it seems
> to have solved the problem.
>
> However radiusd seems to be ignoring the config files placed before it:

  You are most likely trying to install one version of the server on
top of another version.  Don't do that.

> root at betabitch [/etc/raddb.backup]# radiusd -xx

  Why?  Please, for the life of me, I don't understand why "-X" is so
hard to use.

> packet from unknown client/host: localhost

  Once again, the installation of the new version hasn't over-written
the files you edited after installing the old version.

  Stop trying to fight the system to figure out what's going on.
Install the new verion on a new system, and 99% of these problems will
go away.