Privelege Level with Different Manufacturers

Maestro_Ba rui.f.meireles at telecom.pt
Thu Oct 19 14:20:36 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've been using freeradius for a while, for authentication in a network of
cisco devices.
All my users follow this pattern:

</etc/raddb/users>

user1        Auth-Type := System
               Service-Type = Shell-User,
               cisco-avpair = "shell:priv-lvl=15"

However, now I have other manufacturers' devices in my network, namely
Alcatel, Enterasys and Nortel.
I want this user to be able to authenticate in any device, and with high
privilege levels, if possible.
As it is right now, an error occurs in non-cisco equipment (because of
"cisco-avpair").

Can anyone tell me:
1 - How to configure </etc/raddb/users> file?
2 - How to configure the different devices?

Thanks a lot, any information will be very helpful!
Maestro_Ba