Privelege Level with Different Manufacturers

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Thu Oct 19 22:43:40 CEST 2006

On Thursday 19 October 2006 08:20, Maestro_Ba wrote:
> </etc/raddb/users>
>
> user1        Auth-Type := System
>                Service-Type = Shell-User,
>                cisco-avpair = "shell:priv-lvl=15"
>
> However, now I have other manufacturers' devices in my network, namely
> Alcatel, Enterasys and Nortel.
> I want this user to be able to authenticate in any device, and with high
> privilege levels, if possible.
> As it is right now, an error occurs in non-cisco equipment (because of
> "cisco-avpair").
>
> Can anyone tell me:
> 1 - How to configure </etc/raddb/users> file?
> 2 - How to configure the different devices?
>
> Thanks a lot, any information will be very helpful!
> Maestro_Ba

One option is to use huntgroups to identify the class of each NAS device on
your network.  In your users file, you can match the user with the specific
huntgroup and configure attributes to be returned.

-- huntgroups --
cisco  NAS-IP-Address == A.B.C.D
cisco  NAS-IP-Address == G.H.I.J
nortel  NAS-IP-Address == W.X.Y.Z
-- end huntgroups --
-- users --
user1        Huntgroup-Name == "cisco", Auth-Type := System
               Service-Type = Shell-User,
               cisco-avpair = "shell:priv-lvl=15"
user1        Huntgroup-Name == "nortel", Auth-Type := System
               ... Nortel specific attributes ...
-- end users --

Kevin Bonner