freeradius+hpidm+cisco

Stieven.Struyf at komatsu.eu Stieven.Struyf at komatsu.eu
Mon Oct 23 15:07:21 CEST 2006

Jonathan,
I removed the hp module to check if the problem went away(which it did).
Afterwards i reenabled it to take traces, but it doesn't segfaults
anymore.
Now i use radius to assigns vlan for cisco and use hp idm for vlan
assigment for hp.

Problem seems solved, but i don't want to install the idm on our primary
radius server if it gives instable behaviour to the stable freeradius
server.
We are using freeradius for some years for our wifi production
environment(barcode scanners), don't want to cause troubles just to let
some users work wireless.

Stieven Struyf
M.I.S. Division - System Operations
Komatsu Europe International NV
Mechelsesteenweg 586
B-1800 Vilvoorde
Tel. +32 (0)2 2552551

"Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan.De.Graeve at imelda.be>
Sent by:
freeradius-users-bounces+stieven.struyf=komatsu.eu at lists.freeradius.org
10/23/2006 02:58 PM
Please respond to
FreeRadius users mailing list <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>

cc

Subject
RE: freeradius+hpidm+cisco

> All,
> We have an hp infrastructure and use identity driven management to
enforce
> some additional rights to users(as forcing vlan assignment).
> We have a mixed wireless environment with hp procurve and cisco(1200)
> For hp access points we don't have any problem, but when trying with
cisco
> devices freeradius crasches with a segmentation fault.
> The segmentation fault happens when accessing the module hpidm.post-
> auth.conf which is loaded through radius.conf.
> (if i comment out this module i don't get the error, but then vlan
> assignment does't work for the hp's).

It would be usefull to debug and to post whats in the
hpidm.post-auth.conf

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve