EAP and accounting

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Mon Oct 30 12:54:59 CET 2006

El vie, 20-10-2006 a las 09:24 -0400, King, Michael escribió:
> Yes.  It's possible.
>
> Look in eap.conf  In each EAP section (TTLS and PEAP) this code snippet exists
>
>                         #  The reply attributes sent to the NAS are
>                         #  usually based on the name of the user
>                         #  'outside' of the tunnel (usually
>                         #  'anonymous').  If you want to send the
>                         #  reply attributes based on the user name
>                         #  inside of the tunnel, then set this
>                         #  configuration entry to 'yes', and the reply
>                         #  to the NAS will be taken from the reply to
>                         #  the tunneled request.
>                         #
>                         # allowed values: {no, yes}
>                         use_tunneled_reply = no

Hello,

	I have this attribute set to yes. With this, the reply my freeradius
server sent to the client is based in the user inside the EAP tunnel,
but the accounting logs are still registered with username "anonymous"
instead the username inside the tunneled request.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática