How to configure USERS file to assign the VLAN ID according to LDAP group name?

richard Bai baixin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 16:42:36 CET 2006

Hi Everyone,

I configure a Freeradius server working with LDAP. The group name in LDAP is
used as the VLAN ID issued by radius too.
This is my *users* file configuration:
*DEFAULT      Group == "1"*
*                     Auth-Type = LDAP,*
*                    Tunnel-Type = 13,*
*                    Tunnel-Medium-Type = 6,*
*                    Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = 1,*
*                    Fall-Through = 1*
**
 *DEFAULT      Group == "10"*
*                     Auth-Type = LDAP,*
*                    Tunnel-Type = 13,*
*                    Tunnel-Medium-Type = 6,*
*                    Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = 10,*
*                    Fall-Through = 1*
**
Now, it works fine except I have to add more lines manual once I add one
more group in LDAP.
Because freeradius is going to assign the VLAN ID by matching the Group name
replied by LDAP with the configured Group name in* users* file.
Can I configure the *Group* as a variable containing the value of the group
name in LDAP, and radius can assign the Tunnel-Private-Group-ID by
recognizing the variable?
Such as programming:
                   *Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = Group *
**