How to configure USERS file to assign the VLAN ID according to LDAP group name?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 31 18:19:58 CET 2006

"richard Bai" <baixin at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is my *users* file configuration:
> *DEFAULT      Group == "1"*

  Why put asterisks around every line?

> *                     Auth-Type = LDAP,*

  1) Auth-Type belongs on the first line, "radiusd -X" will tell you that
  2) Setting Auth-Type = LDAP is probably wrong.

> Now, it works fine except I have to add more lines manual once I add one
> more group in LDAP.

  Except the "Group" attribute is for Unix groups, not LDAP groups.

  Either your system *doesn't* work at all, or the "users" file
entries you included above are *not* what you're using.

> Such as programming:
>                    *Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = Group *

  See doc/variables.txt.  It explains how to copy the contents of one
attribute to another attribute.