1.1.3 on Solaris 10 (sparc)

Rob Shepherd rob at techniumcast.com
Wed Sep 6 14:17:33 CEST 2006

Marcel.De_Boer at alcatel.be wrote:
> Lin Richardson wrote:
>> You should post this to thet userlist (I am cc'ing them on this
>> reply).  Perhaps someone there has seen the "false cru" error before...
>>
>> I'm no compiler guru, but google tells me that libtool may be to
>> blame. I don't acutally show libtool installed on my box and don't
>> know much about it.
> I'm no compiler guru either, but the system appears to be missing 'ar'
> (I thought I remembered 'ar' being called with options 'cru' before, and
> the config.log confirms this:)

For solaris...

Add /usr/ccs/bin to the top of your path.

In addition, as mentioned in this thread. The preferable way of
satisfying run time lib dependencies on solaris is by get -R/path/to/dep
alongside the -L linker flags.

Rob

--
Rob Shepherd | Computer and Network Engineer | Technium CAST | LL57 4HJ
rob at techniumcast.com | 01248 675024 | 07776 210516