freeradius stops with hostapd

K. Hoercher wbhoer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 12:36:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

uh not sure, but you seem to have mixed up the installation by using
the .deb (most prominent change: uses /etc/freeradius as configuration
place) and having some libraries lying around in
>  main: libdir = "/usr/local/lib"
probably from building and installing from the tarball.

I'm not sure if that contributes to the problem, but it would be
easier (at least for me) to spot something if you talk about/show logs
from a clean and consistent environment.

On 9/21/06, Michał Prochaczek <michal.prochaczek at projprzem.pl> wrote:

> Ready to process requests.
> rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:1036, id=1,
> length=79
>         Acct-Status-Type = Accounting-Off
>         Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
>         NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
>         NAS-Identifier = "localhost"
>         Called-Station-Id = "00-04-47-50-1A-1F:test"
>         Acct-Terminate-Cause = NAS-Reboot
>   Processing the preacct section of radiusd.conf
> modcall: entering group preacct for request 0

Which version of hostapd is that? Perhaps it might me useful to forego
the accounting (comment out the lines auth_server_* in hostapd.conf)
for the moment and check if the remaining parts work.

hth
K. Hoercher