SMUX with FreeRadius

Kshitij Korde kshitijk at TechMahindra.com
Fri Sep 22 08:11:03 CEST 2006

Hi

I have integrated free radius server with NET-SNMP for monitoring radius
server. Now the

NET-SNMP daemon is detecting radius server. If I run radius server in
debug mode I get following debug messages.

Module: Instantiated radutmp (radutmp)

 main: smux_password = "verysecret"

 main: snmp_write_access = no

inside oid_compare

inside smux_connect

SMUX connect try 1

inside smux_oid_dump

SMUX open oid: 1.3.6.1.4.1.3317.1.3.1

SMUX open progname: radiusd

SMUX open password: verysecret

inside smux_oid_dump

SMUX register oid: 1.3.6.1.2.1.67.1.1.1.1

SMUX register priority: -1

SMUX register operation: 1

inside smux_oid_dump

SMUX register oid: 1.3.6.1.2.1.67.2.1.1.1

SMUX register priority: -1

SMUX register operation: 1

Listening on authentication *:1812

Listening on accounting *:1813

Ready to process requests.

SMUX read start

SMUX read len: 12

SMUX message received type: 67 rest len: 4

SMUX_RRSP

SMUX_RRSP value: 0 errstat: 0

--- Walking the entire request list ---

Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.

I may be asking some silly question since I don't have any idea how SMUX
works.

What are the functionalities provided by SMUX peer with respect to SNMP
MODULE?

Is there any mechanism where in we can send trap signal if radius server
goes down?

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer: