Segfault with EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2

Paul A Roberts proberts at teleport.com
Mon Sep 25 10:33:18 CEST 2006

I'm having a problem trying to use FreeBSD 6.1 with FreeRADIUS.  I'd like
to use PEAP/MSCHAPV2 but it keeps crashing.  I stopped using FreeRADIUS a long time
ago because it wasn't very stable on my Redhat 8.0.  I thought I'd give
it another try (new system, OS, and peap instead of EAP-TLS) and basically the same
thing!  Argh!

When I try to authenticate with radiusd -xx running I get:

TLS_accept: before/accept initialization
TLS_accept: SSLv3 read client hello A
TLS_accept: SSLv3 write server hello A

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Every time I try to authenticate FreeRADIUS crashes at that spot.  FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.2 is
what's running.

Any ideas?  I've been trying to get this working for so long it's getting
very frustrating...especially when the Cisco ACS is practically just point...click...and
works for peap.  I've reviewed dozens of online howtos on this but the seg fault
has got me stumped.  I can authenticate with the NTradping Windows utility using
MS-CHAP just fine without crashing it.

Thanks for any assistance.