dumb humble question about sqlippool

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Thu Sep 28 22:44:14 CEST 2006

On Wed 27 Sep 2006 16:41, Guilherme Franco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know you guys must be angry with all the questions I'm posting here.
>
> In Devel-List, I found this: "Is it usefull to community? (SQLIPPOOL
> and NASCATS)" by Roman M. Bibikov on Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:36:26 +1100.
>
> He says that created a sucessfull ip pool in Oracle (exactly what I'm
> trying to do) and also that developed stored functions and procedures
> handling in rlm_oracle (sql_runfunction() and sql_runprocedure())
>
> I didn't found out those functions and I'm wondering if it's because
> of this that I can't make sqlippool work in oracle...

Hi Guilherme

We are not angry. We are however busy, and have limited time.

Any posts you see about sqlippool prior to August 2006 do not directly relate
to the sqlippool module that is in FreeRADIUS 1.1.3 (Although it may share
some code.. There have been several different modules available on the net
called sqlippool prior to the one that is now available as part of
FreeRADIUS)

The code in CVS head has been modified even futher (as you know). sqlippool is
an EXPERIMENTAL module which is why it is not enabled by default. It is
currently tested ONLY on Postgresql. There are currently no _known_
production deployments of (our) sqlippool on Oracle although we are happy
that you are testing it and appreciate your feedback.

Currently you are writing many emails to the list with "CRITICAL/URGENT etc"
in the subject in relation to sqlippool and you are clearly trying to deploy
it for production use. I have very clearly told you previously these issues
and you KNOW that it is an experimental module!!

We are trying to help you as much as we can, but we expect you to also be
prepared to do testing and possibly some development yourself, otherwise
please dont use EXPERIMENTAL modules, especially not in production!

If you wish to have my company (Suntel Communications) develop, test and
support this module for/on an Oracle version of your choice then we would be
happy to do so for a fee (which we can discuss offlist without bothering
everyone else) otherwise you will have to make do with the (free) support we
are providing to you and everyone else via this mailing list in our spare
time.

Alternatively there is a list of other companies/people who would also be
happy to provide you support at http://www.freeradius.org/business/

Regards

--

Peter Nixon