Version 2.0 is a lot closer to reality...

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 3 15:33:36 CEST 2007

  I've just committed massive changes to the server core.  The "diff" is
about 3k lines, and doesn't include deleted or added files.

  The good news is that it looks to be nearly 100% backwards compatible
with the configurations currently allowed by the CVS head.  That is,
I've written it to be backwards compatible, and validated it via tests,
but I won't claim it's perfect until people test it.

  The new features include:

- full IPv6 support for proxying (finally)
- realms have been split into "server pools" and "home servers"
  (see proxy.conf for details)
- deletion of old horrid code that did "Walking the entire request list"
- move to event-based core, so that things happen when necessary, rather
than accidentally as a side of effect of trial & error.
- new Status-Server "ping" capability, so that home servers
transitioning from dead -> live are automatically discovered and used.

  See "proxy.conf" for details of most of the new features.  This patch
does *not* include a number of other features which are currently
sitting in my queue.

  For those interested in code details, see src/main/event.c, and
src/main/realms.c.  The code is much simpler than before, and
substantially easier to understand.