question about freeradius, 802.1x with peap, auth via LDAP

wenny wang wang.wennywang at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:46:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

I need help/advise with te following scenario:

1. I have a freeradius server, this server is not part of Active Directory
Domain, server is able to perform ldapsearch for user account.

2. the workstation is a windows 2000 pc, need to be authenticated thru Cisco
catalyst switch to the freeradius server with user's LAN username and
password transparently (peap)

my question is:

what is the requirement for radius server, does the server needs to be part
of the Active Directory Domain?, can you direct me to a how to link?, I have
made several configurations but none were successful, please help, thanks.