HELP: radtest fails local test

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 13 07:50:42 CEST 2007

Jacob Jarick wrote:
> A local test using radtest fails but I am unsure why. It looks like
> its trying to authenticate against the unix passwd file,

  Yes.  See the "users" file.  It sets authentication to /etc/passwd (or
system) if there's no other method set.

> I only need
> FR to auth against our w2k3 AD server. Any help is appreciated.

  For PAP authentication, you have to configure that manually.  i.e.
tell the server "if you receive PAP, run ntlm_auth to authenticate
against AD".  See the "exec" module for how to run external programs.

  It looks like you didn't tell the server to authenticate against AD.
Please do so.