rlm_sql: readclients segmentation fault

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Apr 16 15:50:19 CEST 2007

Milan Holub wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> with the latest cvs head I've experienced following serious bug:
>
> radiusd.conf:
> listen {
>         ipaddr = *
>         port = 0
>         type = auth
> }
> listen {
>         ipaddr = *
>         port = 0
>         type = acct
> }
>

> clients.conf:
> client 127.0.0.1 {
>     secret          = testing123
>     shortname       = localhost
> }
>
> sql.conf:
> readclients = yes
>
> When starting rlm_sql says it's adding nases from DB:
> freeradius -X:
> rlm_sql (sql): Read entry nasname=a.b.c.d,shortname=wlan-gw33,secret=secret
> rlm_sql (sql): Adding client a.b.c.d (wlan-gw33) to clients list
> rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
>
> When testing freeradius with radclient from localhost it works OK.
> However when sending some request from eg. nas a.b.c.d(wlan-gw33)
> we ends up with segmentation fault:
> Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.
>
> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host a.b.c.d port 42926,
> id=82, length=46
> (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no
> debugging symbols found)...
> [Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 16225)]
> 0x08052987 in client_listener_find ()
> (gdb)
> (gdb)
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x08052987 in client_listener_find ()
> #1  0x080590df in main ()
> #2  0x4024714f in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
>
> I can confirm that at least cvs build from 6.4. 2007 did not have such a
> bug. Thus obviously there must be something rotten in latest cvs
> commits...
>
> Please advise.
>

> Milan Holub
> holub (at) thenet (dot) ch
>
> --------------------------------------
>  TheNet-Internet Services AG,
>  im Bernertechnopark, Morgenstr. 129
>  CH-3018, Bern, Switzerland
>  031 998 4333, Fax 031 998 4330
>  http://www.thenet.ch
>  http://wlan.thenet.ch

Thats weird, i'm using cvs head from this morning and all is fine.

I'll recompile tomorrow when I have time.

I'm loading SQL clients in a seperate instance of the SQL module though.
Not that, that should make any difference.

Oh and i'm binding to a single ip instead of wildcarding.

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (ac221 at sussex.ac.uk)
Authentication Authorisation & Accounting Officer