some issues in sqlippool, branch_1_1

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Tue Apr 17 17:19:32 CEST 2007

On Tue 17 Apr 2007, Alexander V. Klepikov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> 1. During setup of rlm_sqlippool module, I found some compatibility issues
> with PostgreSQL server. I remind that rlm_sqlippool uses transactions. In
> that case all of queries and commands including "BEGIN", "COMMIT" and
> "ROLLBACK" in PostgreSQL must ends with ";" or query will fail. I have
> this issue (is it an issue?) on PostgreSQL 7.3.15 but it should be true
> for 8.x versions too. I think it should be documented.

Hi Alexander

I will check out your patch tomorrow. I do recommend that you consider
running CVS head (which will soon be FreeRADIUS 2.0) as I have done a fair
amount of new development rlm_sqlippool which is not backported to
branch_1_1

I run multiple instances of rlm_sqlippool with cvs head in production on
postgresql-8.1.4

Thanks for your input

Regards
--