how to configure

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Thu Apr 19 10:54:38 CEST 2007

> i need to configure my freeradius server in proxy server to use it with
> windows IAS! i want the configuration of the files of freeradius which can
> permit me to do that!

We all want lots of things. Asking a bit more polite might help.

> my last coonfiguration  of these files is:
>
> radiusd.conf
> proxy_request = yes
>
> proxy.conf
> realm gie.local {
>                     type     =  radius
>                     authhost =  LOCAL
>                     accthost  =  LOCAL
>                     }
>
> realm DEFAULT {
>                       type     =  radius
>                       authhost =  araignee.gie.local:1812
>                       accthost  =  araignee.gie.local:1813
>                       secret     =  parfait
>                       nostrip
>                       }
>
> Clients.conf
> client 192.168.0.2 {
>                            secret = parfait
>                            shortname  = araignee.gie.local
>                            }

This snippet of config looks good, under the assumption that
araignee.gie.local is resolvable on your DNS server and resolves to IP
192.168.0.2.

Now, configure your FreeRADIUS server as a client on the IAS box so that IAS
accepts the proxied requests, and, if appliable open the required firewall
ports.

BTW: do you actually have a _problem_? Nothing in your mail tells us where
things don't work. The general, several-years-old and well-documented rule
here is: post the debug output of radiusd -X if you hae a problem. It will
help people here figure out the problem.

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg