SQL Accounting problem with 1.0.3 - The maximum number of threads (32) are active

Rick Macdougall jibbermac at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 13:58:20 CEST 2007

On 4/19/07, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Rick Macdougall wrote:
> > Recompiled with --without-threads and it locks up hard on the first
> > accounting request. And when I say locks up hard, I mean not even a kill
> > -9 will stop it, I have to reboot the server.
>
>   Are you sure your OS isn't buggy?  It's a bad problem if "kill -9"
> doesn't work.
>
>   Maybe the process had a memory leak, allocated gigs of RAM, and was in
> the middle of dumping core.  For reasons I've never understood, most
> OS's don't allow core dumping to be interruptible.

Pretty sure it's not the OS, it's a fully updated CentOS 4 distribution
running on a Dell 1860 accessing a MySQL server running Fedora Core 3 on
Dell 760 (750 maybe ?, not sure.  Haven't looked at the MySQL servers in
ages).

All the other servers accessing the MySQL servers are running the exact same
layout, with the same hardware and have no problem accessing MySQL.  The
same machines were running Fedora Core 3 with FreeRadius 1.0.1 and had no
problems connecting.

The other servers include vpopmail machines with users stored in MySQL,
SpamAssassin machines access bayes and user prefs in MySQL, web machines
with php scripts, etc etc.

Rick