SQL Accounting problem with 1.0.3 - The maximum number of threads (32) are active

Rick Macdougall jibbermac at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 22:14:43 CEST 2007

Ok,

I've taken out the SQL accounting completely, left in the SQL authentication
and the problem still persists.  On accounting packets with threads
disabled, the accounting process stops completely after one packet, on
accounting packets with threads enabled, the accounts process reports  the
maximum number of threads has been reached.

Attempting to stop radiusd when this situation is reached results in a
zombied radiusd.

On other thing I noticed running it under strace is that something (perhaps
libmysql) is trying to open /etc/my.cnf even though we are using a remote
MySQL server.

Any ideas now ?

Anything else I should be looking at ?

Rick