mysql ms-chap

Tom Whitehouse tomw at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Apr 26 17:18:11 CEST 2007

> Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:53:51 +0200
> From: Jean Frontin <frontin at irit.fr>
> Subject: mysql ms-chap
> To: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm using 802.1X protocol and user passwords are stored in "smbpasswd"
> file. When I want to add a user I must restart radius.

Rather than having to restart freeradius you can set
        hashsize = 0
for the passwd module which forces it to reread the file for every
request rather than storing it in memory.

Note that the comment
#   hashsize - hashtable size. If 0 or not specified records are not
#            stored in memory and file is red on every request.
is incorrect (in version 1.1.1) as hashsize defaults to 100 rather
than 0 if not present.

Tom
--
Tom Whitehouse
Department of Computer Science, University of York