freeradius eap error.

member alsuki alsuki at opensuse.us
Fri Apr 27 00:06:19 CEST 2007

Hello, list.

I'm having some problems implementing freeradius on opensuse box.
I've followed the toturial at novell and as a test i've used the default CA
and certs that camed  with the freeradius rpm.
This worked very good the server started and  every thing seamed  nice.
Then i made my own CA and certs,  1st a 4096 and then a 1024 bits, but no
luck in either cases.
Is there a limit to the length of the certs and CA keys?
I've google to find if there was some info on this but no luck.
Can anyone help me on this?

This is a radiusd -X -A output.

Starting - reading configuration files ...
reread_config:  reading radiusd.conf
Config:   including file: /etc/raddb/proxy.conf
Config:   including file: /etc/raddb/clients.conf
Config:   including file: /etc/raddb/snmp.conf
Config:   including file: /etc/raddb/eap.conf
Config:   including file: /etc/raddb/sql.conf
 main: prefix = "/usr"
 main: localstatedir = "/var"
 main: logdir = "/var/log/radius"
 main: libdir = "/usr/lib/freeradius"
 main: radacctdir = "/var/log/radius/radacct"
 main: hostname_lookups = no
 main: max_request_time = 30
 main: cleanup_delay = 5
 main: max_requests = 1024
 main: delete_blocked_requests = 0
 main: port = 0
 main: allow_core_dumps = no
 main: log_stripped_names = no
 main: log_file = "/var/log/radius/radius.log"
 main: log_auth = no
 main: log_auth_badpass = no
 main: log_auth_goodpass = no
 main: pidfile = "/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.pid"
 main: bind_address = 10.10.0.1 IP address [10.10.0.1]
 main: user = "radiusd"
 main: group = "radiusd"
 main: usercollide = no
 main: lower_user = "no"
 main: lower_pass = "no"
 main: nospace_user = "no"
 main: nospace_pass = "no"
 main: checkrad = "/usr/sbin/checkrad"
 main: proxy_requests = yes
 proxy: retry_delay = 5
 proxy: retry_count = 3
 proxy: synchronous = no
 proxy: default_fallback = yes
 proxy: dead_time = 120
 proxy: post_proxy_authorize = no
 proxy: wake_all_if_all_dead = no
 security: max_attributes = 200
 security: reject_delay = 1
 security: status_server = no
 main: debug_level = 0
read_config_files:  reading dictionary
read_config_files:  reading naslist
read_config_files:  reading clients
read_config_files:  reading realms
radiusd:  entering modules setup
Module: Library search path is /usr/lib/freeradius
Module: Loaded exec
 exec: wait = yes
 exec: program = "(null)"
 exec: input_pairs = "request"
 exec: output_pairs = "(null)"
 exec: packet_type = "(null)"
rlm_exec: Wait=yes but no output defined. Did you mean output=none?
Module: Instantiated exec (exec)
Module: Loaded expr
Module: Instantiated expr (expr)
Module: Loaded PAP
 pap: encryption_scheme = "crypt"
Module: Instantiated pap (pap)
Module: Loaded CHAP
Module: Instantiated chap (chap)
Module: Loaded MS-CHAP
 mschap: use_mppe = yes
 mschap: require_encryption = yes
 mschap: require_strong = yes
 mschap: with_ntdomain_hack = no
 mschap: passwd = "(null)"
 mschap: ntlm_auth = "(null)"
Module: Instantiated mschap (mschap)
Module: Loaded System
 unix: cache = no
 unix: passwd = "(null)"
 unix: shadow = "(null)"
 unix: group = "(null)"
 unix: radwtmp = "/var/log/radius/radwtmp"
 unix: usegroup = no
 unix: cache_reload = 600
Module: Instantiated unix (unix)
Module: Loaded eap
 eap: default_eap_type = "peap"
 eap: timer_expire = 60
 eap: ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
 eap: cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type md5
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type leap
 gtc: challenge = "Password: "
 gtc: auth_type = "PAP"
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type gtc
 tls: rsa_key_exchange = no
 tls: dh_key_exchange = yes
 tls: rsa_key_length = 512
 tls: dh_key_length = 512
 tls: verify_depth = 0
 tls: CA_path = "(null)"
 tls: pem_file_type = yes
 tls: private_key_file = "/etc/raddb/certs/cert-srv.pem"
 tls: certificate_file = "/etc/raddb/certs/cert-srv.pem"
 tls: CA_file = "/etc/raddb/certs/demoCA/cacert.pem"
 tls: private_key_password = "whatever"
 tls: dh_file = "/etc/raddb/certs/dh"
 tls: random_file = "/etc/raddb/certs/random"
 tls: fragment_size = 1024
 tls: include_length = yes
 tls: check_crl = no
 tls: check_cert_cn = "(null)"
 tls: cipher_list = "(null)"
 tls: check_cert_issuer = "(null)"
rlm_eap_tls: Loading the certificate file as a chain
rlm_eap: SSL error error:06065064:digital envelope
routines:EVP_DecryptFinal_ex:bad decrypt
rlm_eap_tls: Error reading private key file
rlm_eap: Failed to initialize type tls
radiusd.conf[10]: eap: Module instantiation failed.
radiusd.conf[1941] Unknown module "eap".
radiusd.conf[1888] Failed to parse authenticate section.

Thanks for any help that may came from this list.