redirect authentication to a different radius box based on user domain

Warren Maurer wmaurer at redred.com
Wed Aug 8 22:34:09 CEST 2007

Does anyone know of a way to authenticate most users locally, but redirect
some users to another radius server for authentication based on the login
domain name specified by the user? I am using FreeRadius on a Debian box.
Local authentication works properly, but I need to have some users
authenticate from a different system based on the domain they are trying to
log into. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I tried DEFAULT         Suffix =~ "@abc.com$", Auth-Type := Accept and it
still tries to authenticate locally

/etc/radius/users;

# for abc.com domain

DEFAULT         Suffix =~ "@abc.com$", Auth-Type := Accept

                Service-Type = Outbound-User,

                Cisco-AVPair = "vpdn:ip-addresses=1.2.3.4",

                Cisco-AVPair += "vpdn:tunnel-type=l2tp"

Warren